California & The Western Cape to Discuss Climate Change Adaptation Strategies for Farmers and Ranchers
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
7:00 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT - California)
4:00 PM - 6:30 PM (SAST - Western Cape)
This complimentary Climate Smart Agriculture Webinar series is a joint collaboration between the California Department of Food and Agriculture and The Western Cape Department of Agriculture. The intent of this series is connect farmers/ranchers, academia and government representatives in both countries to engage on shared climate challenges.
Please join representatives from California & The Western Cape for a discussion on agricultural impacts and strategies related to climate change. This discussion will also include an overview of climate smart tools available to assist farmers and ranchers.
Agenda and Speakers: The Science of Climate Change
- Dr. Peter Johnston, University of Cape Town
- Dr. Tapan Pathak, University of California, Merced
- California's Climate Smart Agriculture Program
- Dr. Amrith Gunasekara, California Department of Food and Agriculture
- Western Cape: SmartAgri Plan
- Dr. Stephanie Midgley, Western Cape Department of Agriculture
- Climate Smart Tools
- California USDA Climate Hub
- Western Cape Department of Agriculture